Friday 9 May 2014

What A Pardnut

Back in March, during a football match between Newcastle United and Hull City, Toon manager Alan Pardew headbutted Hull midfielder David Meyler. For the following 24 hours there was obviously very little posted on Twitter that wasn't in some way related to this incredible pitch-side assault. 

I've never been one to avoid jumping on a decent-looking bandwagon, so I thought I'd get in on the action. This is what I came up with:
It may be simple, but I thought the basic pen & paper play on the Magpies boss's temper tantrum worked quite well. My views were reflected by the readers' reaction, which was predominantly positive. 

The key to the post's success was that the text made it appear as if some interesting breaking news about Pardew was soon to be revealed. The humour then comes from the surprise at the message on the paper, which implies Pardew is a head-case. Maybe the silly face helps a bit too.

The raging coach was, of course, fair game, as his antics had already outed him as a bit of a nut-job. Not right in the head, perhaps. Maybe even a few slices short of a loaf. Regardless, it was always going to be easy to make him the butt of the joke. 

The post eventually got retweeted 89 times, which I thought proved I was heading in the right direction.

#SUCCESS

No comments:

Post a Comment